Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

New Fabric and New Ideas

Hancock Fabric was having the most awesome sale yesterday so I had to take advantage of that. I've been in  a very deep rut lately and suddenly this new fabric has all kinds of new rag quilt ideas running through my head. I have pictures of all my new fabric below. The lady who cut all of that for me was very kind. She also measured off what was left of a bolt of white flannel that I wanted.

Oh! And while I was there, a very sweet lady approached me asking what I make with my fabric. When I told her that I make mainly quilts she asked if I would make one for her granddaughter. Of course I will! I must say she didn't look like a grandmother though. It feels great to be back in the loop. Despite my bashfulness I really enjoy making nice custom items for people. She lives in the same suburb as I do and will call me this week (I think). She'll bring her fabric and binding and we'll select a pattern. Then I'll get right to work. I have come up with a fee of  .01 per square inch as well as the price of any items I will have to supply such as thread or batting. She may have all of that as well. Although her quilt will be a traditional quilt and not a rag quilt, as long as we select a simple pattern I should be able to finish this within a month's time.

I've been looking through some of the patterns I've downloaded. I really like the Lemon Bars, Big Block and Sweet Strips patterns.