Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Things to do during a Heat Wave

Stay inside with the air conditioner cranked up. It's 7 a.m. right now and the air has already come on and I have the thermostat set at 78 degrees to save energy. Temperatures have been reaching the mid-eighties by 10 a.m. this week so I decided against staining the deck. Stain gets gooey fast when it's hot and/or humid. With highs in the nineties, it hasn't cooled down much overnight either. Next week isn't looking any more promising. The chances of rain are higher next week too so I will likely just finish cleaning the siding that I can clean myself next week.

With the little bit of rain we got last week, the weeds in the yard have grown very well. But the high temps this week with no rain at all are causing the grass to die so I'm not sure we will mow this week. Chances for rain are a bit higher the next couple of days so we'll see if mowing may become possible soon anyway.

So no deck staining and no mowing during a heat wave. We have replaced eight screens this past week though. We need to finish only six screens now. We removed the old spline and hail damaged fiberglass screens from the existing frames and replaced them with more durable aluminum screens. Hubby can finish four in about an hour. That's awesome because our windows are almost the size of screen doors. And I don't mind looking out the windows now with the nice looking, well installed screens in place. LOL! I told hubby and son I love the new screens almost as much as I love them.

I am almost finished cross stitching another image of a jar with flowers in it. This is such a cute cross stitch project. But I have only had time to do a few stitches at a time this week. One night I did attempt to watch TV while working on it but watching TV doesn't mix well with counted cross stitch. I managed to mess up when I did that but I don't believe it will be noticeable to anyone but me.

I now have my Kindle account set up and prepared to upload the first book when it is finished. Today is laundry and grocery day so I hope to get lots of writing done in between those chores. I better get started.

Have a nice day!
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com