Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Pictures of Hummingbirds

Yes, I am behind on my posting. Sorry to make so many posts in one day. Here are a few snapshots of some of our favorite backyard visitors. Clicking to enlarge the pictures will aid in seeing the hummers better.

We have a dominant female ruby-throated hummer that visits and runs off the others that drop by for a drink. She isn't afraid of us either. She likes to come in for a closer look when we are outside. I never knew until she hovered in front of my face the other day, but the females have teeny tiny ruby dots on their necks.

Anyway, one of the females has a long neck and a flat head. I call her Frankie because her flat head reminds me of Frankenstein. The dominant female looks normal so I call her Norma. I just call the male(s) Jack (Jack Ruby). If there are more than one male, I am not able to distinguish.

Hummer is landing on the back side of the feeder.

Hummer is just on the left side of the feeder.

Hummer is hovering for a quick search of the dominant female who likes to run off all the other hummers.

Hummer perched on top.


Have a nice day!
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com