Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Friday, January 29, 2016

New Log Cabin Quilt for the October 2016 Quilt Show

I had a few more Upwork jobs come in, so I'm just getting time to upload the picture that I promised you earlier in the week of the new log cabin quilt top I'm working on. This is just the center of the quilt top. The original pattern finishes as a square tabletop quilt. I want a longer lap quilt, so I have to re-work the pattern a little bit so as to accommodate that decision. The instructions for the cabin houses were not clear either (these houses will be placed above and below the center section) so I had to find a pattern I liked for those and re-draw the pattern to a size that will look better for this quilt. And I want the cabin houses to be positioned differently than they are in the original pattern. I am basically creating a new pattern. Anyway, when my quilt top is finished, I will show you the original with mine so you can see the difference. For now, here is what I have finished so far.


Also, we had two snow storms move through our area last week - Ilias and Jonas. They actually inspired me to start this quilt. So I thought I'd share a few photos from those storms for you. Keep in mind that we're in the south so we received only 8 to 12 inches overall. Also, keep in mind that the snow from Ilias melted quite a bit before Jonas hit.



A brief time lapse of Ilias

I couldn't get a time lapse of Jonas because most of our snow fell overnight from that storm. At least two inches of snow from Ilias had melted before Jonas arrived. Yes, the plant should have been removed in October, but it has been effective in showing the snow levels. Ü


We still have snow on the ground after rain and temps rising into the 40's this week. Sixty degree temps are on the way for early next week!

Thanks for dropping by today.


Have a nice day! 
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com