Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Monday, January 18, 2016

Updates on my Current Projects

It has been a very busy beginning of a new year! I think this week will be slower - work-wise - on Upwork. So I'm taking advantage the best I can with what time I have. I am going to work on my book for sure this week if it remains slow.

I am moving along a little bit at a time on the cat cheater quilt I have been showing you. I took photos and added the second cross stitch lesson to the ECC blog. Here's that link if you would like to take this free cross stitch class: http://ecraftclasses.blogspot.com/2016/01/cross-stitch-lesson-2-preparing-to.html.

I had put away the double wedding ring quilt I was making my son and his fiancee. Well, I pulled it back out right after Christmas. I made these templates for the quilting I am doing right now. I was drawing these designs on by marking with a ruler each time. These templates will make that process much easier. I thought I had a post of that quilt on here, but a search does not reveal it so I'll have a picture of that soon. Once I'm finished with the sections, these templates will be used on, I'll have to find or make more templates for a different quilt design for the larger sections of this quilt.


I'm ready to start cross stitching the flowers onto the jars and flowers cross stitch I've been working on. I finished cross stitching the fourth jar last night.


My last update today is about the quilt I want to make for the October quilt show this year. No, it isn't too early to think about this. October will be here before we know it! I like the quilt squares here http://www.favequilts.com/Block-Patterns/Scattered-Geese-QAYG-Tutorial and quilt here http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/11/star-log-cabin-and-mini-quilt.html. I just love all the looks you can get with the log cabin quilt block. However, both of these are entirely new perspectives for  me. I like the look of the scattered geese on the quilt as you go block. But I also like the mini strips that the quilt uses for the log cabin design AND the actual log cabins on the corners on the second site. Just too cute! That is probably the one I will go with for this year's quilt show. It is challenging and different. I also want to work on a curved log cabin quilt also. But that will be for another time. 

I bought the fabric below that will likely be used in the quilt.I have more blue fabric (I think) that I can use in this also. I may use bleached muslin for the light sections of the log cabin squares. The fabric with the words may actually be the backing. Not positive about that yet though. 


Thanks for dropping by for today's ramblings. What are you working on or hope to work on?


Have a nice day!
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com