Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Monday, October 24, 2016

When is the Best Time to Craft? Halloween Cross Stitch Project Update

That may seem like a silly question, but the best time to craft fluctuates by the craft itself quite a bit for me. If you're having trouble finishing your projects, it may be that the time of the year isn't right for you. Or you may have too many projects going on at once to see completions often.

For example, I really enjoy quilting during the cooler months, but I may work on a quilt as time allows throughout the warmer spring and summer months as well. I just need to understand that the quilt won't be finished very soon during the warmer months.

Cross stitching projects are easier to work on during the busier spring and summer months when I'm not only busy with my inside routine but busy with outside work as well. I can work on a few rows as time allows and the projects don't take up much space if I have to leave them laying for a while before I can get back to them.

Crafts such as doll making, latch hooking, rug hooking, paint-by-number and other projects that are just as time consuming but easy to put away if you do get busy may be best saved for the months you will have more time available to work on them. I have so many of these projects just waiting for me to finish them. Hopefully the upcoming slower months will provide the time I need to complete those.

Of course, quick projects such as the FREE Split Panel Shower Curtain Tutorial is a great "weekend" project when you have only a couple of free days available.

Of course, if  you just enjoy having a set of ongoing projects that you're constantly working on, then any time is a good time to craft. I know that at one point in my life, it was fun to work on something different every day until each project was finished. But, now that I'm 51, I sort of feel the urge to finish these projects I start - as quickly as possible. Ü Or at the very least, I'm not starting quite as many projects before completing one as I used to.

Below is an update of the Halloween cross stitch project I am plugging away at for the time being. I'm determined to have it finished before Thanksgiving. ; ) I don't worry about having seasonal projects done "on time". I just finish them!




Have a nice day!
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com