Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Monday, April 30, 2018

April 30, 2018 Newsletter

Good morning everyone,

We hope you had a wonderful month! It's hard to believe April is already gone. It seems like it was only last week when I was here posting the April 2 newsletter.

ETSY
https://www.etsy.com/shop/MomandPopCraft?
Don't forget that we no longer charge shipping fees for our Etsy items. That's our way of saving you money right off the bat when you buy from us. I've decided not to renew some of my Etsy items for a while. I'll only renew when the items are "in season". So if there are any items you would like to buy, you might want to get them now because it may be a while before I relist them. I'm happy to negotiate a lower price if you think any of the prices are too high or if you would really like to have any of our items and you're struggling a bit with finances right now. I think we can help you get those Mother's Day gifts and some early Christmas shopping done. Tell your friends. And don't forget to sign up at the top right side of this page to receive these blog posts directly to your email inbox so you won't miss any updates.

CRAFT KIT REVIEW
I finished the Tulip and Butterfly Bookmark artiste mini cross stitch kit 1215912 by Zweigart. I haven't actually created the bookmark yet but the cross stitching is finished. I have to say, it was easy to work on because the project was all full cross stitches. I was disappointed that I had to finish the project with my own floss. Thankfully, I have tons of floss and was able to closely match the floss colors I ran out of. So if you get this project to work on, be sure to pick up additional Rose (220), Light Pale Yellow (1410), Very Light Pale Geranium (205), Forest Green (1016), and Light Rose (218). The blue on the top butterfly is supposed to be Sky Blue (803), but I think my kit came with a turquoise shade instead. The other six colors not listed here seemed to be correct, and there was plenty left over after the project was finished.


I also finished the little Patchwork Butterfly cross stitch kit 998-5032 from Janlynn. Although it was a small project, it was a little difficult because of all the 1/4 stitches involved. There was plenty of floss to complete the project however, and all the colors were correct.


OTHER WORK
Since my Upwork work has slowed down quite a bit since Christmas, I've decided to find more work elsewhere. So I have signed up at TranscribeMe.com and trying to learn all their rules. I'm getting ready to take another test for them today. If you should ever need to hire a transcriptionist, Etsy updater or lister, data entry or blog writing for your craft business, sign up as a client on Upwork at this link, https://www.upwork.com/signup/create-account/client_contact_freelancer?ciphertext=~011eb2912da5483620&BYOC and I'll be very happy to help you. Here's my profile link if you would like to see my job scores, previous work, and education:
https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~011eb2912da5483620/.

AROUND THE HOUSE
Since we last met, spring finally arrived and we got to mow the yard this past Friday, which also happened to be our younger son's 21st birthday. Mowing takes up a big chunk of life in the spring and summer, but it is great to get to be outside more often even if it is just to mow. My husband and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary this past Saturday as well. Hubby also had a follow-up CT scan for his cancer that was discovered this past December. We'll get those results tomorrow when we visit his oncologist. All should be well. They just want to be sure they did get all of it during his surgery.

I've also earned two more certificates in my bible study courses that I started taking last October. I've been self-studying for many years, but at Christian Leaders Institute, they give you a great FREE education just for continuing to pass your classes. If I ever get time to write my books, I want to pay forward part of the money earned to CLI for the knowledge they have provided to me so others can get a free education as well.

Needless to say, I haven't had time to work on any of those spring/summer sewing projects this month. Maybe I'll have one or two ready to list on Etsy in May.

Until our next newsletter, stay healthy and safe, and enjoy this beautiful warm weather.

Have a nice day!
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com