Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Fabric for Dad's Quilt

Mom and I were finally able to get together yesterday and shop for fabric for Dad's new quilt. Below are the prints we selected. The top toille is what we chose for the backing. We have only about $85 invested in it. Hopefully I can make it look like a $200 or $300 quilt when it's finished. I got it all washed, dried and press last night. The plan is to start cutting the 3" squares out today. This quilt will actually be a traditional quilt. So after machine piecing the squares together, I'll hand quilt it as I stink at machine quilting. My goal is to have this ready for Father's Day. We'll see because I'm very slow at hand quilting.

That's the latest in my crafty life. I haven't progressed at all this week on the current rag quilt tutorial. So that's also part of my plan today among other things. Oh well. One does get behind if she sleep until 8:30 every day. I'll try to do better next week.