Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

July 24, 2018 Newsletter - Not Enough Time in a Day - or a Month

How have you all been? Are you enjoying your summer? I'd love to hear from you if you would like to leave a comment.

I had no idea an entire two months had actually passed since my last post (or newsletter as we're calling them now)! So I thought I would go ahead and give you a few updates while I'm here.

It has been a busy summer work-wise, but I have enjoyed it. I have two or three new clients that I transcribe and proofread for on Upwork. They don't keep me busy every day, but I'm glad they have hired me. They're really nice ladies, and they give me something different and interesting to look forward to.

My husband, son, and I have been working outside when the weather allows. So far, we have cleaned the siding in the front and back of the house, cleaned our 30' x 8' deck and stained it in between rain. I'm so glad that is over with. It has rained so much and slowed us down. We also cleaned the deck furniture when all that was finished. The very next night (last Friday), we had a very windy storm move through, so we were outside again picking up limbs, sticks, and bunches of leaves the following day.

We have also touched up some areas on our ceiling inside the house. I can tell you, the house looks so much better now but I'm going to give my poor hand a break from the paintbrush for a while. The mowing is getting done in between rain as well. I can't use the weather as an excuse to not do the housework and laundry, so they get done on their weekly schedule. : (

We still have frequent doctor's visits (I'm including the cat's vet's visit in June!). The rest are dental, oral surgeon, and orthodontist visits so we can keep our smiles pretty. My husband had his final visit with the surgeon who removed his cancer as well. So far, September is the first month without a doctor's visit this year. Will my orthodontist change that when I see her next month? Probably.

That's why I didn't realize so much time had passed and why so much crafting isn't getting done. Within the next month, I do hope to have a quick YouTube video about latch hooking for ecraftclasses.com within a couple of weeks. I'll post that here when that's ready to view.

I am thinking about rebranding my Etsy store. So stay tuned for that update. If I follow through, it will mean a name change. New items will have to be made before I change the name so it may be a while before an announcement about that.

I must admit that I'm also pleased with how well my online bible/business courses are going as well. I just earned another certificate and started a new class. Christian Leaders Institute recommends not taking more than three classes at a time, because each one has to be finished within 180 days. Due to my busy schedule, I take only one class at a time. I enjoy all the new information I'm learning and brushing up on stuff I already know.

I did finally finish a project in some spare time - the jar and flowers cross stitch that I started about three years ago.


I picked up a few items that were on sale at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. I used the weekly 40% off coupon for the cat and watering can cross stitch. The color pencils and coloring canvas were reduced drastically, so I got those as well. 




As you can see, it's never a dull moment. I'm going to spend some time doing some extra stuff that I ignored while we were sprucing up other areas around the house like cleaning out the fridge, cleaning the oven, dusting the kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors, and preparing for a garage sale that will hopefully take place before the end of August. 

I will definitely be back before long to show you my finished latch hook project and to provide a link to a (hopefully) helpful latch hook video that will be less than 15 minutes long. I'll talk to you all then.

Have a nice day!
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com