Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Happy New Year 2019!

Hello there!

With all the Christmas excitement, I was unable to make a second post in December. I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas and are having a wonderfully happy New Year.

ETSY
I'm excited about all the upcoming changes I'm working on for the Etsy store. Stay tuned for that! I'm busy every day preparing for the switchover. My husband took my drawing of what I wanted to use for our new logo and made it beautiful with his digital products. He bought me a Cricut Maker for Christmas, so I hope to learn to use that for all kinds of things from tags to hang on our products to making actual products with it.

I'm also making a white quilt to use as a backdrop for pictures of our new products. Yes, I could have used a sheet or a shower curtain, but I'm a crafter and wanted something pretty! So I'm making a quilt. By February 1, 2019, I hope to announce the new store and the first few of the all-new products we're going to offer.

PRODUCT REVIEW




















I finished the hand-embroidered project above and gave it as a Christmas present. The recipients have three adopted animals and tons of flowers. I bought the pretty frame from Hobby Lobby.

This was made from Dimensions kit 71-06242 titled House Sampler. Plenty of floss was provided to complete the stamped embroidery project. As stated, this is a sampler so you can practice many different embroidery techniques while you're making this fun and simple project.



I made these hummingbird coasters from Craftways kit 180774. The coasters are included! These were a gift as well. There was so much floss left over that I'm going to make a matching gift to give to the recipients of these coasters next Christmas. These were so fun and easy to make!

UPDATES


Have you ever heard of pom-pom yarn? My husband dragged me to Hobby Lobby (no use of force was actually necessary) just before Christmas and when I saw this, I had to buy some. The instructions to make the little pom-pom rug are on the inside of the wrapper. I hope to work on that this month too! I may have to look for some more patterns for this awesome yarn.

Last but not least, I had to show you pictures of the snow we got the second week of December. I got the measurement in the first photo when we first got up that morning. It continued to snow throughout the morning, and we had a total of about 10 inches of snow before it started melting later that afternoon. It looks like there's a cake sitting on top of the birdbath in the last photo. Even though we had temps in the 50s and 60s shortly afterward, it still took about two weeks for all the snow to melt.






Have a nice day!
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com