Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

October 2, 2019 Newsletter - New Bowl Cozies Listed on Etsy

Good morning! We're so happy you've stopped in to visit for a few minutes. It's hard to believe it's October 2 and our temperatures are still in the 90s! But despite all this heat, I've managed to make a few more Christmas items and list them on Etsy.

ETSY
We hope you can drop by to look at our new Christmas bowl cozies at HHC2019 (Happy Home Creations)  https://www.etsy.com/shop/HHC2019?ref=seller-platform-mcnav&section_id=25697310

FELT SNOWFLAKE TISSUE BOX COVER - Product Review

I made this tissue box cover from a Bucilla/Plaid kit. The instructions need some tweaking. It calls for hand sewing throughout, which is fine until you attach the sides and top to each other. That should really be done with a sewing machine. However, because the instructions called for the side and top panels to be cut inside the black [cutting] lines, it would have been impossible to sew with a sewing machine so close to all those beads and sequins, so I did finish by whip stitching the sections together. My whipstitching is not even and that was very noticeable. The cover is too tight as well and pulled apart at the seams as I pulled it over the tissue box.

So I do have a helpful recommendation if you buy one of these kits. That is to cut out the side and top panels, leaving a 1/4 inch seam allowance so you can neatly sew those together with your sewing machine. That will also allow the cover to fit over the box so the seams won't pull apart.  I should be making the Santa cover from this kit this month. So I will report if my recommendations helped after I complete that one.

It's still a pretty piece that I can use each winter for a few years. I wish I could capture all that awesome sparkle for you. I think the magnificent shimmer from the beads and sequins will keep the focus off those seams! This has given me an idea for some of my own felt TBC designs. Because overall, I did enjoy making this project. I think that's because felt is so easy to work with.



Have a nice day!
www.SewPractical.Blogspot.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com