Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Finished with Our End of Spring To Do List

We finally finished our end of spring to do list. Some things weren't even planned but just happened suddenly.

The wall in the basement is sealed, so it should be protected against moisture for many years to come. The wall is about 20 feet or so long and we painted about 6 feet high.

We got our double knock out rose bushes set out. We have actually planted one more between these two. These are as durable as advertised to be. Usually a plant dies as soon as I bring it home, but these are doing well and have new growth in just the two weeks we have set them out. Now, I have cut the dead blooms off of the pink one until it has only a couple left so I'm going to stop dead-heading them for a while. You don't have to dead-head these but I think fresh flowers look better than dead flowers...until you run out of flowers. LOL! So I'm just leaving them alone for a while.





When we went back to Lowe's to get the third rose bush, I saw this cute birdbath. So we brought it home. Hubby leveled a place in the yard and set it on a paver. The birds still want to take a bath in the little birdbath we have. Strange. We actually put the new birdbath in the location we had the old, small one. You know what this means, though? I'm going to have to have more gnomes! Ü


Hubby and older son have fixed the loose bricks in the stairway that leads up to our front stoop. And they have also filled a small grassy area with pavers. I got this picture from the deck above that area.


I almost forgot to show you how big the butterfly bush has gotten! My goodness! It is at least three times larger than it was last year. I set it out at the end of the  high section of the deck but I almost believe we'll be able to see the blooms - while sitting on the deck - by the end of summer. This picture was taken about two weeks ago. It is full of blooms now. This is another plant that is easy to care for. I just don't do well with many plants, but I planted this three or four years ago and it has done very well for me. I just cut the dead blooms off to keep it looking fresh. Hubby was going to make me a butterfly house to put next to it, but he read that nobody has ever actually had a butterfly live in them. Mice, spiders, roaches and other pests will live in them though so we decided against having one.



I think that's all for now. But we have definitely been busy. I also have been busy with my Upwork work for the last few weeks so this is the first chance I have had to post pictures. Not much has been done on the Winter Cabins quilt either. I have maybe had a couple of hours to work on it these last few weeks. Today is the first afternoon I have had free so I could post my pictures.

I'll have my surgery in about 1 1/2 weeks, so when I start feeling better from that, I will probably check back in. All of those wisdom teeth are bothering me today, so I'll be glad when they are finally gone. 

Thanks for dropping by today. The first day of summer is Monday! Yippee! I just thought I'd mention it.

Have a nice day! 
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com