Disclaimer

ANY FINISHED ITEMS SOLD ON THIS SITE ARE MEANT TO BE USED OR COLLECTED BY PERSONS 18 YEARS AND OLDER. BY PURCHASING ANY ITEMS FROM THIS SITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO THESE TERMS. THANK YOU.

Friday, July 15, 2016

Post-Surgery Update

I had my surgery over two weeks ago. I went for my follow up and everything is healing like it should. The cyst was just a normal cyst that forms under impacted teeth. It will take about a year for the gaps left behind to be filled in with bone, so I have to be very cautious for at least two more months about what I eat so I don't break through the hollow areas of the gums. It was sure nice to see those wisdom teeth gone in the x-ray they took Tuesday. The first two or three days after the surgery were rough. My jaws and gums were very swollen. It was difficult to keep food down. As a matter of fact, I didn't keep it down the whole time. They prescribed a medication to rub onto my wrist and that cleared up the nausea quickly. I only had to use it twice. I know. I didn't think something I rubbed on my wrist would do the trick either. But within 10 minutes or so of applying it, I was able to eat again. Once I was able to eat and keep it down, the headaches also went away. Yay! The bruising set in about day three and lasted for about a week. But I finally look normal again and feel great! Please, please, please don't wait until your 51 to have your wisdom teeth removed. Our younger son was back to normal within two or three days of his surgery....he was 16 when he had his wisdom teeth removed. What a difference age makes in recovery.

I did finish reading Uncle Tom's Cabin before I had my surgery I think. I thought I wanted to read the Iliad but it is very confusing even in modern English. I'll keep it in my Kindle carousel in case I can concentrate better at another time.

I bought more fabric, so I need to upload pictures of that. I'm working steadily on the Winter Cabins quilt. I should finish up just in time for the quilt show. Work has increased dramatically on Upwork, so that's a good thing. I love being a virtual assistant! All of my clients were very understanding when I told them I needed a week off for surgery.

We bought another butterfly bush before I had my surgery and still haven't had time to set it out. Hopefully, we can get around to that this weekend. We certified our yard as a wildlife habitat yesterday. I kept forgetting about it. Then, Mom called me yesterday for that web link, so hubby told me to go ahead and get our yard certified while it was on my mind. Mom got us a milkweed too. So, hopefully, that will do well, and we may be able to certify as a monarch habitat too at some point.

Sorry to have been gone so long without an update. I'll try to get some pictures uploaded soon. For now, I have blog posts to write for someone else so I should go. Take care!

Have a nice day!
www.SewPractical.com
www.MarvsWindowsTips.com